Landfill Gas and Vapour Mitigation Design
The design of appropriate landfill gas and vapour intrusion mitigation measures (e.g. gas/vapour membranes) are becoming routine requirements in the planning and construction process at ‘gassing’ sites.
We have contributed to the development of much of the current guidance relating to ground gas risk assessment and mitigation design and we have an excellent track record in the delivery of exemplary and innovative mitigation designs.
EPG work with landfill gas and vapour remediation specialists and can bring in contractors and suppliers with a range of capabilities if required, including gas/vapour/water membrane installation, retrofit sealing applications, passive and active ventilation, continuous gas and vapour monitoring, vapour treatment and telemetry.
Upon engaging EPG’s services, the client receives expert advice from industry technical leaders, commonly resulting in time and cost savings.
Our services include:
- Design of passive and active venting systems for existing and proposed developments, including Gas (GRMS) and Vapour (VRMS) Risk Mitigation Systems.
- Advanced fate and transport modelling, including Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) modelling.
- Design of landfill gas and vapour treatment systems for existing and proposed developments.
- Membrane design and suitability assessment, including laboratory testing for key mechanical and chemical attributes.
- Design of dual contaminated vapour and water barriers, including basements.
- Design of pathway interception barriers, including gas bore systems, trenched ventilation and cement-bentonite walls.
- Biofilter design.
- Vent emissions and air quality analysis.
- Landfill gas and vapour intrusion diagnostic testing.
- Construction Quality Assurance (CQA), including implementation and project management
- Mitigation system testing and verification.
- Preparation of technical specifications and design documentation for tender.
- Independent defect inspections.
- Environmental Auditor technical support.