Landfill Gas and Vapour Mitigation Design
The design of appropriate landfill gas and vapour intrusion mitigation and management measures are becoming routine requirements in the planning and construction process at ‘gassing’ sites.
We have contributed to the development of much of the current guidance relating to ground gas risk assessment and mitigation design and we have an excellent track record in the delivery of exemplary and innovative mitigation designs.
EPG work with landfill gas and vapour remediation specialists and can bring in subcontractors and suppliers with a range of capabilities if required. Upon engaging EPG’s services, the client receives expert advice from industry technical leaders, commonly resulting in time and cost savings.
Our services include:
- Design of passive and active venting systems for existing and proposed developments, including Gas (GRMS) and Vapour (VRMS) Risk Mitigation Systems.
- Advanced fate and transport modelling, including Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) modelling.
- Design of landfill gas and vapour treatment systems for existing and proposed developments.
- Membrane design and suitability assessment, including laboratory testing for key mechanical and chemical attributes.
- Design of dual contaminated vapour and water barriers, including basements.
- Design of pathway interception barriers, including gas bore systems, trenched ventilation and cement-bentonite walls.
- Landfill gas biofilter design and installation.
- Landfill gas pumping/ feasability trials.
- Leachate pumping design and installation .
- Trenching and pipe installation.
- Vertical landfill gas interception barrier design and installation.
- Telemetry and alarm system installation.
- Vent emissions and air quality analysis.
- Landfill gas and vapour intrusion diagnostic testing.
- Construction Quality Assurance (CQA), including implementation and project management
- Mitigation system testing and verification.
- Preparation of technical specifications and design documentation for tender.
- Independent defect inspections.
- Environmental Auditor technical support.